Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not Guilty

It's not my fault. You can't play Celine Dion over the loud speaker of your grocery store and expect people like me to keep quiet. It's simply not possible. Here's how it went down. Shelly and I were doing some shopping for the week when Celine came on, and naturally I chimed in...some other shoppers stopped to look. Shelly spoke up, telling them I was famous in the US and that I just didn't want anyone to know. They were trying to guess who I was...Shelly is a troubled individual, I tell you. She's just sick! But grocery shopping hasn't been that much fun in a long time.

In other news, the creative drama class is fantastic! It's two hours a day of sheer delight...kids acting, playing and trying new things. Thinking and having fun...an unusual combination for this culture! My group on Thursday clapped after each activity and sighed with disappointment when the class was finished. What an encouraging sign that things are going well. It's encouraging.

Their Bible study has been slow coming...no worries. I'm sure it will happen, but for now the schools have been keeping the older students on Saturdays to study, and this is keeping our girls from Bible study. We're back to finding a time that will work for them, but they continue to ask about classes. Pray that we will find a good time for these girls to have this spiritual formation group. They crave time to learn and be together...oh, these precious girls are survivors of sexual abuse, cancer and the hard life that Uganda throws at adolescent girls.

Well, I'm off to eat something fried for dinner.
This is Alisha on Location.

1 comment:

Travis Eisenbise said...

So, I caught up on all your blogs (finally!) Love you! Love your South African adventures. Cant wait to see you in NYC. ;o) We'll leave the light on for you!