Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't hate me, people. Turns out things got kinda busy out here. Oops! Trust me, I haven't forgotten about you, but I've been cramming lots into these last few weeks and time just slipped away. I'm pretty seriously cheering on the Christopher House football team who is participating in a community tournament. Currently, we are undefeated and moving toward the semi-finals! When I'm not handing out water at the games and pretending to be a soccer mom, I'm smothering kids with hugs and kisses, going on lion hunts with my creative drama classes, playing in the mud box that I'm pretty sure used to have sand in it and doing mosaic art with my girls' Bible study group. But just yesterday I looked up and realized that it was already the end of July! What is happening?!

Before I know it I will be back in the classroom, surrounded by the gothic architecture at Duke and overwhelmed by the amount of reading that the professors think is actually possible. I'll be writing papers and missing this place like crazy...but until then, I've gotta run. One of our kids just walked by the Internet cafe, and it looks like they need a hug.

Don't panic! I'll write more later...
This is Alisha on Location

No comments: